Our most compact music system is our CS 2.2. Despite it’s small size, the CS 2.2 offers a large variety of connectivity and control functions. All well known formats are supported when music is streamed from different sources. Furthermore the CS 2.2 offers a variety of digital inputs like synchronous USB input and SPDIF in and outputs. A NAS or external drive are supported as well as a USB jump drive (stick). An excellent Phono stage is on board as well as 3 line inputs.
+++ Software update now available including TIDAL & Airable support +++
+++ IMPORTANT: Please read below before updating your system +++
The firmware of the streaming client is updateable and upgradeable, making the CS 2.2 future proof. This way possible future formats may be implemented as well. The 165 Watt/ch strong amplifier easily handles all speakers, even critical speakers. Cutting edge technologies are applied when it comes to digital signal processing with all digital signals being up sampled to 192kHz/24bit and a dual DAC converting to analog signal from this format. All this ensures a perfect music reproduction from every applicable source. Special focus was put on achieving the most authentic reproduction from CD. The acoustically shielded Pure CD drive is spring mounted end effectively protected from vibrations and footfall.
Like all AVM hi-fi components the CS 2.2 is carefully developed and assembled by our engineers in Malsch, Germany. Our vendors for housing and electronic parts reside all near-by. This proximity helps us to easily ensure and maintain superb quality level of the supplied parts for the AVM hi-fi components made of these.
During the manufacturing process we perform repeatedly numerous tests to insure the absolute quality of our products. When the assembling is finished and the first inspection is done all units must pass a run in test in order to prove their reliability. After that a careful final inspection follows before packing & shipping. All this ensures creating a perfect product from AVM for our customers.
The beautiful RC 9 remote control with color display is available as an option. This programmable and rechargeable remote control always comes with a charging dock.
The AVM RC S App for iOS and Android devices will turn your smartphone or tablet into an easy-to-use remote control for your AVM audio components with integrated streaming capabilities and provides a variety of intuitive features to get the most out of your network-enabled AVM HiFi device.
INSPIRATION CS 2.2 at a glance
- 4 line inputs, 1 phono input (MM & MC)
- 1 Pre Out, 1 Line Out
- 3 digital inputs (SPDIF, opt., synchronous USB- input)
- Pure CD drive with Slot-in, spring mounted
- Streaming Formats: MP3 , WMA, AAC, OGG Vorbis, FLAC (192/32 via LAN), WAV (192/32 via LAN), AIFF (192/32 via LAN), ALAC (96/24 via LAN)
- Supported media server: UPnP 1.1, UPnP-AV and DLNA-compatible server, Microsoft Windows Media Connect Server (WMDRM 10), DLNA-compatible servers: NAS
- Web radio: vTuner Internet Radio Service, Auto network config., Internet Radio Station database (automatic updates)
- Digital signal processing with 192 kHz / 24 Bit (Upsampling of all incoming digital signals into this format)
- WLAN & LAN
- Highly efficient power amps with 165 W/ch
- Pure Class-A headphone output with 3,5 mm banana plug
- Sleepmode: Maintains network access and enables switching the CS 2.2 on and off via the RC 9 remote control and AVM RC S App
- Tone control and parametric loudness with bypass-function
- Large blue graphic display
- Vast Menu functions (i.e. adjustable input sensitivity, individual naming of inputs etc.)
- Housing options: Aluminium silver or black, chrome front optional
- RC 9 remote control with color display and loading dock optionally available
- RC S remote control app for iOS and Android
All AVM Hifi Streaming Devices now include support for TIDAL. TIDAL is an innovative music streaming platform offering high-fidelity CD sound quality, expertly curated content, and unique artists experiences for registered subscribers. TIDAL offers a monthly subscription with a 30-day free trial. For more information on TIDAL and their lossless music streaming service, please visit www.tidal.com.
To get the most out of your AVM HiFi streaming system, please make sure you always keep the RC S App and the streaming software of your AVM device up-to-date. You can download the latest version of the RC S App in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. To make sure your AVM device runs the latest version of the streaming software, please use the RC S App or the optionally available RC 9 remote control.
- RC S: Navigate to the Settings tab and choose Device Settings / Software / Check for Updates
- RC 9: Navigate to the Receiver Settings menu and choose Software / Update